July 16, 2009

Self Guilt





Some days I catch myself asking the silliest questions. "Why do I think this sad song is pretty? Why is this worry so beautiful?" And I can never provide an answer to any of them. I don't understand a lot of things. I don't understand trust, certain perspectives, colors, words, and so on. But I do try my best to see through different lens. I try to understand why a flower is in fact beautiful, and why carelessly forgeting that you are nothing compared to the crowd is one of the worst things you could do. Times like this, I feel like such a nihilist. I think in some ways I am. However, I am no more nihilist then Nietzsche. I actually find myself quoting Michel de Montaigne often. "If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I."


"And let that day be lost to us on which we did not dance once! And let that wisdom be false to us that brought no laughter with it!"
-Friedrich Nietzsche


3 comments:

  1. i like the part about not being anything in a crowd. its oh so true

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learn from you constantly, and this is another example.
    i love you too much.
    im going to keep saying that.

    ReplyDelete