June 3, 2009

Summer Nights

Daily heat, little shade, and friends galore. Summer has finally begun, and I have found myself returning to last year's schedule of exploring my father's collection of movies and my own. Late night movies are great, yeah?




I just saw the 1998 movie Sphere with Dustin Hoffman and Sharon Stone. I have to admit, this movie was really confusing. Basically these people end up having to dive down into the bottom of the ocean (below the realistic depth humans would be able to dive) in order to investigate a spaceship. Aboard the spaceship is this huge sphere that ultimately destroys half of the crew. Whoo, nice film.



Doris Day. I tend to re-watch all of her movies as summer rolls in. Current favorites: The Glass Bottom Boat, Lover Come Back, The Pajama Game, and Calamity Jane. I'm sure I could name a few others, but that is all i can recall at this point.




Ever seen Ferngully? It's a eco-friendly, 'save the rainforest' production by Fox. Zack is a human chopping down tree's in a rainforest, and Crysta is a fairy who lives there. Ironically, Zack almost get's killed by a falling tree so magical little fairy Crysta shrinks him down to her size. My question for you is how could you resist Zack's mullet hair, Crysta's fluffy, black, shaggy hair, and the love story that circles the two? Fairy and human, <3

No comments:

Post a Comment