August 17, 2009

Daily Spread


Today, I visited a small area with multiple amusement park rides. There was also an artificial wave where people showed off their boogie boarding skills. But what caught my attention was the carousel. Children lined up against the railing and pointed and called out "I want the one with the red scarf!" or "I want the white horse, or the one with the gold saddle!" It was a whole different world. Childhood, that is. When each child was granted access to climb onto the animals, and the carousel started turning, they each waved and smiled. They didn't care who was watching - they just kept waving. Like princesses and princes. Or gentlemen/gentlewomen gallivanting across imaginary plains of magic. How precious, right?

Even more so, I remembered that there is so much more than what happens to myself. There are individuals with histories. They cry, laugh, and spread memories to one another. I have to remember that I am still only one person who is apart of this very crowd - a crowd of haters and lovers alike.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful obersavtions, love. Especially the carousels. Maybe because in a lot of movie they are symbolized and viewed creepily, but at times I'm a little scared of them. haha, crazy, right? But they are precious. I love kids and babies. I should do a blog about that! Why I love babies!


    And very true remembrance. About being only one puzzle piece to the rest of the world. It's kind of like our job to find where we fit in, and do everything in our power to get to that spot and chink ourselves into the bigger picture, yeah?


    wow. Your blog made me think outside of the box and of different ideas! That's really awesome that your blog could do that! I think that's what makes a good blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely thoughts alexa. i love your puzzle analogy. this is why we are best friends, yeah?

    <3

    ReplyDelete